Thursday, September 12, 2013

a crochet heart pattern - coffee cozy style


I feel so loved! I could never have imagined in just one week that I could possibly get as many hits, comments and queues on Raverly as I have! Thank you all so very much!

You guys inspired this weeks post: a crochet heart pattern

I've gotten a few requests for coffee cozies recently and thought these sweet little hearts were the perfect addition.

Apparently they are a bigger deal in the world of crochet than I knew. There are a TON of awesome free patterns out there with a bunch of cute styles and the best thing is they work up pretty fast!

This is what I ended up with:


And here is the free heart pattern:

Finished size depends on hook size, yarn and tension.
I used a size G hook and acrylic 4 ply yarn

Ch 3
R1: Work  3dtr in first ch forming a ring, continue working in ring, 4dc, 1dtr, 4dc 3dtr, ch 2, sl st in center ring

R2: ch2, sc in first dtr in previous row, hdc in same st, 2hdc in next st, hdc in next 5 sts, (dc, dtr, dc) in next st, hdc in next 5 sts, 2hdc in next st , hdc, sc in same st, ch 2, sl st in top of previous sl st. end off.



No comments:

Post a Comment